Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resetting Garmin Records - Decisions Decisions 🤔

Options
  • 02-01-2024 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Looking back on my Garmin PBs since I started running in 2016 and all of my PBs are in 2017. Now that I’m past that burst of mid 30’s dedication, I’m wondering has anyone ever managed or felt like resetting their Garmin records in their 40s to start again and chase a baldier, heavier, time poor dragon?

Can records even be reset without losing the activity data?

Probably a philosophical as much as a technical question! 😁

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I always reset first thing New year's day. So every year it shows my year bests. This is on my watch only.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Resetting the record doesn't affect the underlying activity so if you change your mind later you can always reassociate the activity with your record.

However unless you are an elite runner I think a more interesting objective is to see if you can get back to those kind of times and beat them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I have to agree, it was a boost for me in 2023 setting my 2016 PBs getting replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭space2ground1

By training again for quicker times or just resetting them back to whatever you could achieve in 23?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

By training for quicker times, there is still a rouge 10k pb from 2018 that needs sorting 🙂

• Advertisement

At the time I was training 5-6 days and just threw a huge amount of time at it. I had a coach and 1-1 plan etc. Now I’ve active kids and much less of a drive to spend serious time training while helping them with their own busy schedules. In fact I haven’t done a tap myself in months to tell the truth! I could do with ‘fresh’ start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭ballyargus

If you use a platform like Trainining Peaks to log data, you'll get analytics on year by year basis if you wish

I used to use Trainingpeaks when I had a coach but with Garmin being free of charge I’ve stuck to that since.

Advertisement