Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on changing phev

Options
  • 01-01-2024 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Have a 22 kia ceed phev estate has 71k on it, am worried if mileage gets much higher I will lose a lot of value in it,I have it on hp with 0% two years left,now going forward I won't be doing that mileage probably about 25k a year,at moment value on trade in is €25000,against new car either ,a kia sportage phev

Cupra leon sportstourer phev

Peugeot 308sw phev

Ford kuga phev

None are on 0% hp ,3.9 4.9 5.9 % are rates over either 4 /5 years, pcp I have never done, always hp although Cupra are doing 0% at the moment,so what to do want to stay with a phev my average consumption over 70k is 3.3/ L 100km, question is opinions on what I should do financially I can see it may not make sense to change, worried if mileage gets close to or over 100k,value will be lost ,sorry for rambling just unsure what to do.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Stick to what you have, spending more money to not loose money is mad.

Run your current car until it expires if your happy enough with it at the moment and see where you are when you hit the end of your 0%pcp deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭baz69

Thanks, yeah meant to say I could pay off balance of hire purchase this February, my only concern is if mileage goes above 100k value will plummet am I better to try get another 0% deal with value still on car brain can't figure out what to do, potentially I could go pcp route deal offered on new cupra with me already having cleared my current loan is ,car €50000, 30% deposit cadh back of €12000 repayment at €417 ,and then pay off or carry over ,in three years could potentially cleat loan if I needed to by holding onto the 12k cashback plus dome saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Your chances of finding 0% pcp is slim from a quick Google, more like 5 to 9% so keep what you have for another while and how things look in 6 months to a year.

You will be offered little for your car in any case by most garages.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm thinking the same thing ditch the phev before warranty is up.

Probably go back to a petrol or diesel with low depreciation that'll be in demand for a good few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭baz69

In process of doing a deal on a sportage, getting €25600 for my own which means depreciation at two years old with 71k on it is about 23% ,paid €33500 for ceed phev, traded a niro phev with similar mileage and got €31500 in 2022 when prices went mad due to lack of supply,so happy enough new deal is hp at 3.9%,and getting three years servicing included free and year tax,as I just taxed ceed ,he said he would do a years tax on new car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement