Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pup.

Options
  • 01-01-2024 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Please delete if not allowed.

Our rescue dog of 13 1/2 years died just before Christmas. We are looking for another rescue pup dog. 

With the time of year I know there will unfortunately be some pups got as presents but will not be wanted once the excitement is over.

We are looking to rehome a big growing dog.

Not willing to go to ispca as they will do a "home suitability check" and we live on a working farm so they wont approve.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Sorry for your loss OP

Can you go back to the rescue that you adopted your last dog from? If they approved you once, I'm sure they will again.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

They don't do pups anymore.

Well. Maybe once or twice a year, but they are picked up very quickly.

I know we'll get one somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭headtheball14

Most of the rescue will do home suitability checks and a lot require.secure gardens which probably won't work for you. the pounds don't have the resources to do this and are currently fairly overwhelmed.

They are getting puppies you could.look for your local one but some are more proactive advertising their intake than others .

I know Carlow Kilkenny, Waterford , Meath and Monaghan along with Dublin county have fairly active Facebook pages

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kingpin88

Check your inbox Badger

Advertisement