Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro fit treble glaze window panels

Options
  • 01-01-2024 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone

I'm asking for people recommendations on companies who retro fit window panels and also who will tighten up the existing windows

Our house was built in 2009 and has double glaze windows. It has around 60 to 65 individual panels. At least 10 being 6ft plus panels height wise

I broke one last year with the strimmer and was quoted 400 to replace like for like so I'm dreading what the cost to retro fit could be.

Timber frame house and I put down most heat loss to the large windows. From peoples experiences, is it worth the expense?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

Not as straightforward as just swapping double for triple glazed glass ... you need to think about added weight of tg etc.

You think your windows are your main heat loss issue ... have you ever had an air tightness test done?

Advertisement