Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaking tap. How to get access to mixer

Options
  • 31-12-2023 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

So our mixer tap has started a slow leak. I had a quick Google and thought it was just a matter of unscrewing the handle of either side and then it would give me access to release the mixer. However when I unscrew the handle I don’t see anything obvious. Anyone got any idea how I can unscrew either side so I can swap out the mixer (or whatever it’s called)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 VDFUser22

Leaking out from the middle part that swivels?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭djdunny

Sorry I should have been clearer. Nope leaking from the right side (cold) tap. Coming out just to the left of the handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

First thing would be probably a little grub screw on the bottom or back of the swivel part of the handle.

Even with grub screw out they can be heavily stuck in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭josephsoap

I have the same style tap which is also leaking - only mine is the hot water valve.

I have an open vented system - if I just turn off the cold water supply will that also stop the flow of water from hot pipe ?

Advertisement