Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on buying a good quality monitor

Options
  • 31-12-2023 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I work from home and stare at a computer for 8 hours daily. I want to upgrade my existing BenQ monitors and get a decent-quality monitor.

My main criteria:

• Must have some level of eye comfort features (if such a thing does exist beyond marketing waffle)
    • Text clarity is really important....I will be looking at code and text all-day
    • I'm thinking 27" is sufficient (open to suggestions)
    • Must play nice with a MacBook Pro (for work) and Windows & Ubuntu (for personal)
    • Good colour reproduction (I will do some photo editing as a hobby but it is not a deal-breaker)
    • I'm not a gamer, zero interest in gaming with this monitor
    • Was thinking QHD is sufficient (again, I am open to suggestions)

So far I have been looking at the Dell Ultrasharp and the cheaper Dell USB-C Hub Monitor (but strictly speaking I don't need USB C hub functionality as I have a Dell hub already which works with my Mac.

I noticed the Asus ProArt which is a lot cheaper but it doesn't say much about eye comfort etc so I am not sure about it. The reviews seem a bit mixed too.

I already have a Dell Latitude alongside my MacBook Pro so I was thinking more along the lines of getting a Dell monitor. I have always been happy with the quality from Dell.

I'd greatly appreciate advice from those with more in-depth knowledge of monitors than myself.

Advertisement