Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good laptop repair place Dublin to fix Lenovo hinge

Options
  • 31-12-2023 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hi, so I have a 3.5 year old Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 which is 6 months out of warranty. A few days ago the right side hinge broke so the laptop won't close now and the bevel has started to come away from the screen. I've since read that this is a pretty common problem with these models.

As I'm out of warranty I'm guessing Lenovo won't take it back fro repair, so can anyone recommend a repair place in Dublin that would fix the hinge? Please see pic attached.

Tia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

How about some DIY project? Done few replacements on HP/Dell by getting spares from ebay or alike - not so complicated.

Speed up on this as if plastic laptop frame start disintegrating on you it will be more problems...

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

If you're tech averse OP Back from the future George's street but first get a quote of him!!!!!

If you're a brave enough Lenovo owner like me ( who once completely opened my ideapad z500 motherboard to replace memory ) then YouTube is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Some_randomer

I really shouldn't risk it myself as I'd probably end up butchering it 😐

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Then there's a Chinese owned tech shop in Capel Street light blue store frontage. Heard positive things about him. Again get a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

this or search for more videos. All you need to remove hinge assembly/WiFi/graphics wires. Your call

• Advertisement
Advertisement