Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rohan Dennis arrested for killing his wife

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

It's being said that Melissa was riding alongside the Ute, possibly holding on to it when one of them lost control, rather than a malicious act. That would explain why Dennis was released on bail almost immediately with a court appearance scheduled for March.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Man due before court charged with killing his wife, but he's a cyclist.

Why isn't this thread closed?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I assume because it's not under the jurisdiction of the Irish courts

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Jesus christ this is horrific. If that article is to believed I hope he's locked up and never sees the light of day again. How can you hit someone firstly, then drag them along fcuking hell. Saw a post recently about violence against women - the danger is beside you in bed not out in the street.

The poor kids. Horrific stuff. I always thought Dennis was a spoilt brat but not a femicidal maniac. Awful awful stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Junior

The word I keep coming back to is, tragedy. Tragic for those kids, Tragic for that family, Tragic for Melissa's family, Tragic for her friends. All those life paths changed forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭denismc

The article just says he has been arrested for dangerous driving, is it possible that this an accident?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Dangerous driving and endangering life.

The only thing is it’s more common in Australia for charges to be bumped up after investigation, initial charges are just the ones they know they can nail him on.

Some of the ‘less reputable’ sources are saying she jumped on the bonnet and tried to grab a door handle before being hit and dragged by the car.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Possible? Yes, probable in my uninformed opinion? No. I can't conceive of driving off and dragging a stranger attached to my car, never mind someone you love and the mother of your children etc etc. The stats on domestic violence don't paint a pretty picture. Even the charge he has been charged with, as the other poster said, is one they can immediately get him on and build later when the video evidence comes in.

It's a horrific situation. The kids, her family and friends. And she's so young.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Devils advocate....If he was trying to escape from her and accelerated quickly as she was trying to open the door, he could have travelled 10m in a second, knocking her accidentally under the wheels before stopping. Very easy to use terms like dragged along the street when we still don't know what happened.

Flip the roles, woman drives across husband who chased her and tried to open the car door as she fled. How would that be perceived? Brave? Heroic?

The only facts we know for certain are that she is dead and two small children are now without a mother.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I really don't think anything good comes from speculation in these cases. Reddit is a bit of cesspool of opinions without facts about this. Why don't we wait for the facts to come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 otnemem

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rohan-dennis-dangerous-driving-case-adjourned-to-allow-time-for-major-crash-reconstruction/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭cletus

• Registered Users Posts: 10 otnemem

Ah, good man. I stopped paying attention to proper forum use around phpBB version 3 😂

Advertisement