Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would you spend New Year’s Eve if you could do anything

Options
  • 30-12-2023 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭

If you had all the money in the world and didn’t have any restrictions responsibility wise - where and how would you spend it?

Post edited by YellowLead on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭tphase

up to me bollix in Bibi Baskin

• Registered Users Posts: 24,816 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

In a different country, might be nice to see and experience and enjoy how it’s done elsewhere. It’s always been a bit shît here.

City is mayhem. Did it once, never again… Local pub is like ok maybe not an old folks home but it’s sedate…. Eejits going up to shake hands and say something witty to / with their favourite barman and the poor fella is trying to take orders, remember orders, give people the right change and pull the correct pints…

the best scenario is just friends and family around together in someone’s house. Whatever takeaway, drinks of choice…anyone wanting transport can book a taxi in advance…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Yeah, coke and hookers, just like any other Sunday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

In the past with people who aren't around no more.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Funny how some people feel the need to embarrass themselves…..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭tphase

and some people don't get an historical reference....probably before your time

• Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Name a bird with a long neck?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭StevenToast

By myself....alone...posting on random threads on boards...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Robert Jackson

At my stepmothers château just me my sister and a special guest or two

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Would that only be if the mass went well for you that week Fr.?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Most men will come up with a bit more than going a fantasy about going to bed with their granny. And I'd wager I've been around a hell of lot longer then you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

It refers to Gerry Ryan asking a caller where he would like to be buried.

lighten up dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

With my friends at the Grand Island Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

I’ve always fancied throwing a banquet. Not a dinner party… but a full on, decadent feast with giant plates of food and a roast pig and entertainment for my guests. I’d invite family and friends with rooms for everyone for the night. Think I’d need to rent a castle or stately home.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭cml387

And oh so tired. Possibly there are remote tribes in the Andes haven't heard that one.

On topic, Madeira on New Year's Eve is supposed to have a spectacular firework display, and it's a lovely place as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

At a party, and a kiss at midnight from the guy I fancy 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Doing it for real! Just landed in Marrakech in Morocco a few hours ago. 24 degrees in the sun, amazing....

Never been away at this time of year. Kids grown up now so no excuses. So glad we did it. Flights weren’t too expensive and it is very cheap here. I have a feeling this could become a regular thing.

The place is insane but I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

All the money in the World and no responsibilities?

I'd have all my loved ones, friends and neighbours over to a big party in my 14 bed manor in Kinsale; roast a few hogs, barbecue some beautiful fresh fish and ask everyone coming to bring a little something homemade to go with it all, and put a few mobile Bars out in the yard and just generally spread the wealth.

Then a huge fry up on the BBQs the following morning, while piping the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra New Years concert through the house and steaming hot tea and coffee, before wishing everyone a happy new year and leaving the clean up to a contractor while heading off to the Airport to fly First Class to the Maldives for 10 days and get the heat into the bones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

On a beach in the South Pacific with Sofia Vergara and Liz Hurley, please and thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Buried in Hayley Atwell's breasts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

camping next to the Sundhnúka craters, waiting for the next eruption.....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,497 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I detest New Year's Eve. I'll be in bed well before the bells start ringing.

Advertisement