Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build 1.2-1.5k

Options
  • 30-12-2023 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭

1. What is your budget? €1200-1500, only want to go to upper end of the budget if there's real value in doing so

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Everyday use with Gaming. I tend to play older games so will get a lot longer out of it. Young fella is playing beamng which is pushing our old machine a bit too hard.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? I need this.

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Dual monitor setup and peripherals only.

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need. N/A

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.] Wireless card or built into the motherboard would be useful. + Speakers.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Not really

8. How can you pay? PayPal /Debit Card/ Online with card

9. When are you purchasing? Very near future, next month or two

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? No thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Nvidia is probably releasing refreshed GPUs at CES in early-mid January.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Cheers. Will bump thread then.

So thoughts?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Well, the 4070 Supers are out, and are well received and in high demand. And in turn it's triggered price drops from AMD to compete.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Watch the reviews of the Nvidia 4060/70/80/90 on YouTube OP!

And if you have a disdain for the 'Murican YouTube reviewers then you can watch the likes of de 8 ers English language channel - this gentleman is German.

• Advertisement

I quite like KitGuru (UK) too.

RTX 4070 Super is the "best value" GPU and a great fit for 1440p.

Suggestions on overall build?

PCPartPicker Part List: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/GzyF34

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D 3 GHz 8-Core Processor (€271.89 @ Caseking)
    • CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler (€38.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M AORUS ELITE Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€95.34 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    • Memory: ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (€58.84 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    • Storage: Lexar NM710 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (€119.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    • Video Card: Inno3D Twin X2 GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER 12 GB Video Card (€655.89 @ Caseking)
    • Case: Jonsbo D41 STD ATX Mid Tower Case (€67.89 @ Caseking)
    • Power Supply: NZXT C750 (2022) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€103.86 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Total: €1411.61

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-02-04 19:15 CET+0100

*edit: Phantom Spirit (newer), not Peerless Assassin (older).

Something like that.

AMD RX 7800 XT is 100eur cheaper, but it uses more power & can't utizilize DLSS for frame generation.

Thanks KO

Have ordered those. Few changes for price/availability but the core components are as above. Waiting on delivery now.

Question I have is what's the best option for getting Win 11?

There was Win 11 pro for 50 quid but I wasn't quick enough and current options are all over 100 quid.

TBH I just google "cheap windows keys" or similar and buy whatever's available for a tenner or so.

Use Paypal for buyer protection.

• Advertisement
Advertisement