Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't set up Samsung TV

Options
  • 30-12-2023 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,803 ✭✭✭✭

Another probably thick tech question from me - but I'm stumped, so hoping someone can figure out what's wrong here

I'm trying to set up a Samsung telly - it's an old one, maybe 10 or 12 years, so not a smart TV.

It's plugged into an aerial/antenna which is plugged into the wall and I'm hoping to get Saorview on it.

Another even more ancient and basic telly was in situ with the same arrangement, and worked fine, and the Samsung telly was unplugged from a similar set up in a different house yesterday, where it too had worked fine (although it had a set top box which stopped working, so we upgraded the set altogether and i brought this one home).

I'm trying to complete set-up on the TV here, but ireland isn't listed in the countries to choose from - nearest is UK, and then a lot of European countries - so its not picking up any channels when I get it to scan.

Has anyone any idea why ireland wouldn't be listed and how I might get it working??

(The set was bought in Dublin and worked grand here with my Sky previously, and in the other house with the set top box)

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

What model is it? May not be Saorview compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,803 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That's from the back of it.

As I say, the set that I had before was a tiny and absolutely ancient Walker TV, and it worked, so I assumed the much newer Samsung would as well.....

I think the A means it’s analogue and not a digital terrestrial tuner you have in the tv meaning it’s not capable of picking up the digital saorview channels.

LE26D450 is saorview approved so I presume it’s digital.

That model is from 2008, and doesn't support Saorview

• Registered Users Posts: 28,803 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ah crap 🙄

Can you still get cheap set top boxes these days?

Thanks for the info 👍

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The A in the model indicated the release year. B followed the year after, then C, etc. As far as I remember, some of the B and C models had MPEG4 tuners and all had from D onwards (so long ago, it may have been C onwards).

Advertisement