Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updated OS to Monterey and now Garageband doesn't work

Options
  • 30-12-2023 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I’ve just updated my mac from High Serria to Monterey and I notice my Garageband no longer works.

If I try to update it on the app store it suggests that I upgrade to Ventura which I don’t want to do.

This issue is that it doesn’t give me the option to choose a previous version of Garageband (I imagine this is because my imac can update to Ventura).

I suspect that if I uninstall the outdated Garageband from my imac and try to reinstall it will just continue to suggest I update the OS to Ventura without offering any option to work with Monterey).

So I’m currently stuck with an old version of Garageband that won’t open in my updated OS and no way to get an updated version to work with Monterey without bumping my OS up to Ventura.

Does anyone know how I can fix this without updating my OS any further?

Thanks in Advance!

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭muggyog

Let that be a lesson to you not to skip all those wonderful macOSes in between.😊

I agree with you about Ventura BTW.

What version of Garageband have you?

I have an old mac on Catalina and maybe able to get you an installer for a newer version of Garageband that may work on Monterey.

I'm in the middle of something now and will get back to you tomorrow with a link to the file ( hopefully ).

Advertisement