Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest on oil heating

Options
  • 29-12-2023 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Hope someone can give me a bit of advice here, I’m down visiting my elderly in-laws and the wife has given me a load of jobs to do, one of which is sorting the heating

my plan is to change the analog timer with a nest

This lad ⬆️

so her parents are not mobile really anymore and the timer is up high so the should need a steps, to be honest they can’t really work it either, the power goes in the area a lot and the the timer goes all out of whack and then somebody has to drive half way across the country to sort it, I just need something that I can set a 7 day timer, the time will sort it’s self when the power comes back and I can make changes remotely, is the nest 3rd generation for me?

It’s probably overkill for what I need but there are already a few nest products in the house, cameras etc

Will it work?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭KLF

I know this thread is a few months old but did you end up changing it?

I just bought a house with one of these lads except it’s in a much worse condition and hanging off the wall. Interested to know how tricky it is to upgrade.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've a Nest 3G in a house with oil heating. The physical connectors on the back of the heatlink are a bugger but its a very simple job if you are just replacing an on/off setup.

Zones and multiple thermostats are a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭KLF

Lovely stuff, yeah that's what we have. Thanks!

Advertisement