Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying businesses

Options
  • 29-12-2023 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭

I imagine most businesses (in ireland) are bought off market, those making it to business for sale websites generally look like very poor businesses/loss making, is this assessment fair?

Keen to explore buying a business but options seem very limited. One local one of interest, good cash but do not see much scale potential in it.

Love to hear from people who have had success buying a going concern business. DMs open

😎

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Mick Tator

That's a very weak post so it's not surprising you have had no response. What type of business? What sector? What price? Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Perhaps a fair reply Mick, although in part is was a general question - perhaps there was a website or forum not on my radar.

For my specifics, my preferences are towards non-tech, operational type businesses, where I can add value with great efficiencies and some growth - against the grain of everyone who wants to build the next SaaS unicorn.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭JohnRock

If the current online listings are not to your liking you could try reaching out to smaller accounting firms. They may be able to help you find a business for sale in Ireland or in your local area. No harm in contacting business owners directly through the various channels available to you, email, LinkedIn, post etc. particularly those approaching retirement age.

More information available here:

https://irishsmallbusiness.ie/business-for-sale-ireland/

Advertisement