Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Druids wedding venue - possible to sleep in car

Options
  • 29-12-2023 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Would it be okay to sleep in the car at Mount Druids? Would we still be able to access toilets? Accommodation all booked out so just weighing up our options.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Sure why not pitch a tent while you're at it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Find a comfy chair somewhere in the venue/residents bar and have a snooze while the stragglers are doing their singalong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

Surly to god there’s bnb’s nearby?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 HRG

Nothing close available. Have no issues sleeping in the car, will have a mattress setup in the back, just wondering if we'd get away with it and if it's far from toilets etc. Sounds like you get buses between the different parts of the venue throughout the day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Is this a serious question really?

I'd say the venue will take a dim view of someone using their car park as a sleeping facility and wanting to use their toilets. Do your b&g know what you are planning? I would imagine they would mortified if they knew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iniscealtra

@HRG Just say nothing. No-one really minds in fairness. Have been to many weddings where people have brought a camper to the carpark or a mattress in the back of a van. Just be discreet. Park away from the front door. You will be spending plenty of money in the hotel bar I’m sure.

Not familiar with the hotel but we got married in a country house hotel, small venue. One of the OH cousins slept in his van. Also at the last wedding I was at, a large wedding in a bigger fancy hotel in the city suburbs - a relative slept in his van in the carpark.

One was due to lack of accommodation and the other I’m not sure. It is certainly not unheard of. Just don’t drink and drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Mount druid accommodation has a lot of what is effectively glorified glamping, with campsite style shared toilets etc, I'd say OP could definitely get away with it.

We have family attending my wedding in the middle of a campervan holiday, they're planning on just parking up and seeing if anything is said.

Friends of ours got married in Markree last year, one of the lads slept in his van in the car park. No issue. As others have said if you're discreet, reasonably respectable and otherwise no issue it'll likely be ignored.

Advertisement