Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CI Licence Renewal 2024

Options
  • 29-12-2023 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, as CI are on their holliers and not contactable until next week, someone on here might be knowledgeable enough to help me out;

Im trying to renew my leisure licence, but on the site I’m just not getting the option. Here’s the site first page:

When I go to the inactive memberships ( last paid on 26/12/23), it shows nothing and doesn’t allow any renewal option. I can’t add new membership because my details are already on the system.

Any ideas??

TIA,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭jamesd

If you are with a club could you club PRO renew you and you pay him?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭G1032

I renewed alright but CSS voucher wasn't added to their site. CSS membership expiring tomorrow. Strange. It just automatically updated in previous years

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Last time I done it I had to enter my new CI number on the CSS site, don't.know if they cross check or not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Limited Competition gone up from €121.50 to €137.

CI really are taking the urine!

Less events and memberships have to be paid for somehow i suppose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

They should have a discount for early registration

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭barleyman

I don't have an issue with the CI cost but i take serious issue with us getting hit with the Event Master costs.

Probably a thread on it already but i just got hit for event master fees of €5.50 (5.5%) for license, €2 (5%) for club membership and €1.35 (4%) for a race i just entered. Not even sure how EM are calculating fees as the percentages seem to be different for each.

I think Cycling Ireland is letting down its members and its clubs by allowing such exorbitant fees.

They should look to build there own payment platform.

Including club membership?

I renewed for leisure licence only. €90.61 including club membership, which is €25.

Leisure licence was €61 + €3.36 booking fee, so €64.36.

An additional €1.25 was charged for booking fee for club membership, even though both leisure licence and club membership were purchased in the same transaction.

I'll decide in March whether or not to upgrade but tbh I don't think I'll fork out a further €80 for full licence. Very few races in Connacht so to get any value out of the fee it's going to have to involve a lot ot travel and all that that costs, to get stuffed by the Juniors whenever I can race. It's not that appealing really. Might just get limited licence and do local leagues and get stuffed in those instead. At least I'll be close to home🤣

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Was very tempted myself to stick to just the LC licence and not bother with weekend races but there are one or two that this year will be my last attempt at. Funny thing is, I know many riders who are happy between club leagues and the vets, and rather than CI realising the issue (most riders are happy with the race, the training and the sociial aspect), they will undoubtedly try and curtail it again.

• Advertisement

yes 121 last few years for Club & LC

this year 137

WTF

and the extra grab on fees

• Registered Users Posts: 29 837897

What is the difference between a LC License and a Leisure License? What races can you race on a LC?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

LC is MTB CX, domestic racing, tells you on the CI site...

Post edited by Tenzor07 on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

limited competition (lc) is club leagues etc. you can't enter open races.

no races with leisure but you can enter sportives without a day license

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭cletus

I've just signed up for my first ever organised cycling event. Not being a CI member, I had to buy a day licence for 20 quid. Subsequently, I received an email from CI offering me 20 quid off a membership if I signed up in the next 14 days.

Clicking on the link, I get the same screen as above ( i signed up for an account with CI last year, think I got a free 3 month membership with the Community Cycles thing). I've emailed CI, but it's not great from the perspective of signing up new members

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭timbel

Advertisement