Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal options regarding removing name from deeds

Options
  • 28-12-2023 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all. I need some advice regarding getting someone's name taken off a deed.

Some back story: My sister was a abandoned by her cheating husband nearly 4 years ago. They had moved abroad to start a new life -- he had gone ahead and my sister saved to pay for the fares for herself and their daughter. They joined him 18 months later.

She was there less than a month before she found out that he had been cheating for 6+ months. Rows ensue and he calls the police and they were given a week to get out of the house as it was rented in his name.

My sister and niece came back to Ireland and he's still there. He's in a country that does not enforce the maintenance orders that were put in place for my sister or their daughter. Initially, he paid a fraction of what he was supposed to, but nothing for the last 3 years.

They have a house here that was mortgaged 3 times -- he has not contributed to the payments for 5.5 years. He barely makes contact with his daughter and will no longer respond to any email my sister has sent regarding the house.

Previously she had asked him to sign it over to her and he replied through their daughter that she can just sell it. His name is on the house, so as far as we know, she can't just sell it. The house has been rented out since just before they left, but with tax and the mortgage payments rising, it is costing my sister money and she's falling behind in payments. She cannot afford the fees to divorce him, even with legal aid.

So is there any way to have his name removed from the deeds as we can easily prove he has not paid anything towards the house in years? Apologies for the essay. Any advice welcome.

Comments

Advertisement