Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2023 Charge Cost For EV

Options
  • 28-12-2023 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Just for interest sake I have calculated my approximate charging costs for my EV for 2023. Total is about eur 600. Split between home and away/fast charging is close to 50/50 - reflecting I suppose the high cost of fast charging. I did about 13000km in total which included about 1 long range trip per month. Hard to get precise charge costs although fast charging was all ESB e cars

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

28000kms on mine now after 15 months. Always fun to run the numbers.

Charging cost is zero to me, charge in work all the time and use company credit card for motorway chargers

I use them about 3 times a month and put in about 30kws a time so I can complete my journey.

So that's 3 x 30 x 0.69 which is about 63 euro a month or 900 euro, although about 800 because we claim vat back.

Long term average is 16kwh per 100kms so that's 4,480kwh used overall

Subtracting fast chargers 15 months x 90 kWh per month that's 4480-1350 =3130 on work chargers at 30c per kWh before vat. So that's another 900 euro approx

So 1700 euro for 28000 KMs in 15 months. A bit more per km than in the OP.

My driving hasn't changed much but I was putting 2 full tanks into the Audi per month at about 120 a tank so that would be 240 x 15 = 3600 les vat making about 3000 over same ownership period

So fuel savings about 1300 over 15 months or about 100 per month, but as I said I charge at work, but I also had a diesel card so no change to me personally. If I was charging at home I'd be on a night rate for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

Total cost of charging, exclusively home charging coming to €600 for 25K kilometres.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭joe1303l

I’d suggest you edit your post with less detail, revenue would be delighted to hit you for BIK on that “free” electricity/fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

They've no interest in taxing work charging at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭joe1303l

It’s the credit card activity they’d be keen on not the use of your charge points at work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement