Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Sportage 231 issues

Options
  • 28-12-2023 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

Hi,

I am not the most mechanically-minded individual, but I bought a mild-hybrid model last February.

Have had some issues with it, namely stalling, not being able to get it into gear. Orange engine light has been lit on the dashboard. The car just completely failed/stalled numerous times whilst moving down gear. Has anyone else had this issue?

Kia have taken the car in to resolve the issues, but i'm not sure. I paid 40 odd thousand euro for this car. Had equity in a previous Kia, and borrowed the remainder. Meanwhile, I have been given a loan of a Kia to keep me going.

Should i take the car back, as there may be some major fault? Or, wait and see how it is, when I get it back?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. Thanking you.

PH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,472 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Take the car back to have the fault code read, could be something minor like an emissions issue.

Advertisement