Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Block Emails.

Options
  • 28-12-2023 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

A few months ago I posted re an issue I had in blocking emails. One of the reasons was the Sender's email did not have "Block" option - somehow it was created without that option.

I'm still getting them but lately the "Block" option is now available & I use it to try blocking future emails but somehow they still keep coming through.

The emails are in the Dutch language & some are from 1 address called - info@leafblaster.com.

I Googled Leafblaster.com and it appears to be a genuine company in Texas, USA, with no links to any Dutch company. I contacted them & they were not aware of the issue & would look into it.

Here's a sample of a recent one.

====================

Congratulations

Gefeliciteerd, u heeft €1000,- gewonnen met de AH Winactie!

U heeft automatisch meegespeeld met onze grootste winactie van het jaar. De actie is nu afgelopen en wat hebben we veel mensen blij kunnen maken met te gekke prijzen. Spelcomputers, weekendjes weg, een minuut gratis winkelen, niets was te gek!

Naast de te gekke prijzen maken we dit jaar ook nog eens 100 klanten gelukkig met een geldprijs van €1000,- en u bent één van de winnaars!

Hoe claim ik mijn prijs?

We hebben wat gegevens van u nodig zodat we kunnen controleren of u inderdaad één van de winnaars bent. Dit kunt u aan ons doorgeven op de winactie pagina. Onderstaande knop brengt u direct naar de juiste plek!

Claim nu uw prijs!

Wanneer krijg ik mijn prijs?

Na het invullen van de benodigde gegevens, ontvangt u van ons een bevestiging en wordt de prijs zo snel mogelijk aan u uitgekeerd. Meestal duurt dit niet langer dan 5 werkdagen!

© Albert Heijn - www.ah.nl

Als u zich wilt afmelden, klik dan hier.

=========================

I'm still at a loss as to what I can do.. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Post edited by Conology on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

If can, post message headers info (!! Omit your personal details, like your mail address, IP !!) as it was described in your other thread, post #7 .

Scan your PC for malware, check your browser for hijacks/add-ons/extensions and for sure dont follow/click those links.

Clear cookies in your browser(s)

links in your message point to brightdealsnova. store domain - apparently, online marketing solution.

Some businesses might use this service for marketing, directly or over third parties. Seam like you did "stepped into some crap", one way or the other

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Conology

Here's an example

When I hover over the address of the sender ( Bol.com) I cannot see an email address, Also when I open the 3 dots to the right above the Date Sent, tt does not show an email address to block. Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

What part you fail to read/understand?

As described in other thread #7:

1.Click three dots.

2.click "View"

3.click "View message source"

Pop-up window will open with details about that particular message. Review details(you can copy content to notepad). Read this article or search for more, see if helps to determine message originator

This might help to set rules to block this sender

Advertisement