Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing An AP For A Thinner AP

Options
  • 27-12-2023 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an AP Royal Oak Chronograph 26320st (limited edition boutique blue dial), and I am looking for a thinner AP that fits under a shirt so either an AP Jumbo or an AP Chrono Ultra-Thin.

Is there any reputable watch dealer in Dublin that would help facilitate a part exchange or are you better of just doing it yourself? Please PM and watch dealer name if you have a recommendation, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Fitz II

You buy that AP throught ichrono?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭oo7

Nope, I bought it in an AP dealership in the US.

Why do you ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Had the exact same one, sold it through ichrono. Always thought it was thin enough with the Piquet movement rather than the modular of the offshores, fit well under my cuffs. Getting a specialty one as you are talking about would be difficult in Ireland, but Dawsons or ichrono are the starting place...after that maybe through chrono24.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭oo7

Ok great, thank you for your help, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Absolutely incredible watch oo7, Fitz II is one of the best placed amongst the regulars here to give a steer on where might be able to do the deal you're after.

That watch is beautiful but far outside of my own experience. The options in Dublin, indeed in Ireland might be scant. Would a trip to the UK be an option at all? Far more likely to be able to do a deal that suits you there.

There is always the option of Pride & Pinion (I've used previously and been happy) in Belfast. There's also a crowd called Chronolux in Newry (No experience of them but they carry some niche heavyweight brands).

Good luck with it whatever you decide to do, and fingers crossed you make a deal that suits you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement