Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screwfix pumps

Options
  • 27-12-2023 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

I have a leak on a showerpump...

Chadwickes and Davies are closed, but screwfix are open and have Stuart Turner pumps.

But on their Salamander pumps, there is a uk pipe conversion message related to warrenty.

Has anyone bought these pumps and are they on uk sizing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Probably UK sizing. I was going to suggest that you try these lads as they had stocks of recon pumps on the counter when i visited...

But they are closed till the 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭DFB-D

Thanks, looks like I will either need to wait or buy some convertors...

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭embracingLife

Chadwicks Plumb centre in Walkinstown are open tomorrow Friday 29th between 9am and 12 noon. Phone them and you'll hear which branches are open this week on the automatic voice machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,958 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You have to be very careful buying pumps and showers from Screwfix.

Salamander bought from Screwfix does not have an Irish warranty because they import them from the UK themselves. It's the Irish agent MT Agencies that offer the Irish warranty & they only offer it on showers they import & sell to trade counter.

Stuart Turner pumps from Screwfix can have a warranty but it has to be installed in an exact way. The Stuart Turner pump from Screwfix will have UK flexis. These must be used for the warranty. So you will need a small amount of UK pipe to come off the flexis before you convert to Irish pipe. A mistake most people make is to buy Irish flexis and using these will void the warranty.

Personally I avoid Screwfix because you really don't know what warranty you might or might not have.

Heatmerchants have different branches open between Christmas and new year. List is available online. I think Finglas is open tomorrow.

• Advertisement

In the end I got a ST pump from Screwfix, they also had 15mm barrier pex and I hadn't realised but the compression connectors I bought from there when I replumbed the shower were also 15mm so I could reuse them.

So worked out alright, but if using solder, it would have been a disaster using screwfix.

Pity they don't stock 1/2 inch fittings and pipe, they are handy at the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Scar001

Woodies actually stock a surprising amount of fittings and pipe (including 1/2 inch)

I've actually bought small amounts of qualplex from woodies, seems to be better stocked lately.... Obviously very expensive for simple fittings but seen an impressive range of plumbing supplies.

With any sort of planning, Davies are by far cheaper and have nearly everything including cast iron pipe toilet waste flexible connectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,958 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It depends on what products you buy. Buying goods that they imported themselves, bypassing the official Irish agent usually leaves you without an Irish warranty. Some showers are UK only models. If the shower breaks you can't get it repaired because there are no parts in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭10-10-20

• Advertisement
Advertisement