Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Oral Prep Leaving Cert Course in county Sligo and Roscommon

Options
  • 27-12-2023 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Bonjour tout le monde,

I wanted to let you know that starting end of January I will be leading three 8-week courses aimed to help any Higher or Ordinary Leaving Cert Students to prepare for their French Oral Leaving cert exam.

This course will take place at three different locations:

Starting on 23/01/24 @ The Spool Factory in Boyle from 4:40pm to 5:40pm (max 10 students) - €95 (with a €10 discount if you register before 05/01/24)

Starting on 24/01/24 @ The Yeats Society buildings in Sligo from 4:40pm to 5:40pm (max 14 students) - €95 (with a €10 discount if you register before 05/01/24)

Starting on 25/01/24 @ The Family Resource centre in Ballymote from 4:45pm to 5:45pm (max 14 students) - €80

Each week students will get tips/best practices on how to tackle the oral exam, some relevant vocabulary/expressions and advice on pronunciation. There will be some very useful weekly notes provided to bring home and help students study for the exam. All students will be asked to do a weekly oral preparation based on the weekly theme which I will personally correct. But most importantly, every week there will be plenty of time to practice speaking French either with myself or other students from the course. On top of that the classes are quite small so you will get plenty of personal attention throughout the 8 weeks.

The usual topics for the Oral will be covered. From myself to my family, from my hobbies to where I live, my future, my holidays, etc. We will also talk about how to pick a good document and how to prepare for it. So usually there is about 20 to 25 minutes of what I would call "theory" (presentation, tips, pronunciation, etc.) and over half an hour of supervised practice time all in French (with relevant personalised advice to the students). By the way, there won't be any classes during the February mid-term and we will finish up with a 100% practice session the week prior to the actual exam!

Now what about me and why should you trust me with this? In very short: I am a French native with 17 years of experience as a French secondary school teacher in Ireland. Needless to say this means I am Garda Vetted and recognised by the Teaching Council. Most importantly, I have experience as an Oral examiner for the actual French Leaving Cert exam and I have ran (and improved) this course since 2007.

Voilà!

If you would like to register or have any questions at all regarding the course you can either email me (info@myfrenchteacher.eu) or Whatsapp/Text/Call (087 785 6252). Oh and I am also available for face to face (within 20/25km of Ballymote) and online grinds...

Un grand merci and all the best to you all for your Leaving Cert exam!

A bientôt,

Julien Porzadny

Advertisement