Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Norman 10% Voucher Offer

Options
  • 27-12-2023 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Anybody here get caught out by the fact that you had to have collected your item from the store yesterday to get the 10% voucher of the value of your purchase?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

No I had seen that part. When I went to buy online last night around 8, I put payment details through and hit pay now or whatever, and screen went blank. No email confirmation. Sale didn’t go through. Disappointed but suspicious as it was for a large sum.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

I bought some stuff but I did a click and collect. Hadnt intended to collect until today. After a few hours I still had no voucher so I rang the store and they told me about the collection on same day and I would get my voucher when I collected it. Collected. Got a €50 voucher and put that against something else that I had planned to buy so between the sale and the voucher offer, I saved a legit €200 on a €1000 worth of purchases so overall happy, but that was a very sneaky condition that I saw no mention of online and I did read the T&Cs.......

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Ordered last night for delivery. Voucher itself being delivered by DPD separate to the tv I bought. You only have 30 days to use the voucher as well I think.

Post edited by Nigel Fairservice on

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cal naughton

Bought a fridge based on the offer got a call from the shop about the delivery and he said the voucher would follow separately by email. I read the t&cs and didn't see that it had to be collected are you sure op?

Im 100% certain that this is what I was told over the phone for Harvey Norman, Sligo yesterday, and again when I arrived. They made sure that I ordered it online on the 25th and not the 24th! I would not have driven 80 minutes to the store yesterday unless I HAD to. Now, who is to say that I wasnt given incorrect information, but I agree with you that I saw no mention of this in the terms and conditions......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cal naughton

Just checked the spam folder in my email and the full amount of the voucher is there. Phew!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Very strange my voucher is being delivered separately by DPD when they could just email it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 marros10

Didn’t notice anything about having to collect in person. I bought a few items and the biggest issue I had was with my bank authenticator app approving the payment. In the end I had to split the order. It’s for a new house so chunky enough of an order. The voucher for the first order arrived via e-mail yesterday when the items were dispatched and being delivered today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 marros10

Incidentally from what I noticed prices dropped slightly from Black Friday on a number of items I was looking at.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Got one of these vouchers last year. Salesperson never told me it had to be used within 30 days. So the start of February I wandered into a shop to buy something, handed in the voucher and was told it had expired.

Had an arguement with them about non-expiring vouchers etc and they just shrugged their shoulders. Safe to say I went and bought my item elsewhere

• Advertisement

Gift cards don't expire anymore, vouchers are not gift cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

They seem to refer to them as gift cards here rather than vouchers.

Was the offer ever posted here by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Do vouchers not have a 5 year lifetime now by law?

Find it typical of HN. Go to power city or did, at least you deal with actual people and not mindless drones. I used to try hn often but them wanting to send me to finglas to collect something or force their expensive delivery is take the mick.

Not sure if the offer was posted here but it was heavily advertised on TV and their website on St. Stephen's Day. I bought something close to midnight on St. Stephen's Day and got the offer. Was still on the website after midnight and the offer was taken down pretty promptly after midnight.

Gift cards now have a lifespan of 5 years. I'm sure Harney Norman have covered themselves somehow with the 30 day expiration of these cards. I'm trying to furnish a house so will have no bother spending it.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭JVince

No. You have not bought the voucher. It's a promo voucher.

Dunnes have been doing similar for 10 years and give 10 days validity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭jmreire

I bought a new TV in HH Stephens day, paid and got the voucher at the same time, warehouse shut, so had to return the next day to pick up the set. Didn't know that it has only 30 days validity...good job I checked out this thread.

Yes, I received the voucher back in January. Delivered by DPD.

Advertisement