Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipped lambs

Options
  • 26-12-2023 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Just have a quick query. Was keeping an eye on my neighbours sheep for the last 10 weeks while he was in hospital. Long story short, a ram lamb managed to get in to a field where 25 ewe lambs were and has tipped some if not all of them. All are Wicklow Cheviots and have the same markings etc. so I didn't notice him...well that's my excuse anyhow. (There is over 20 wether lambs running with them which did not help) Is there some type of injection available that would cause the tipped lambs to abort ? Under no circumstances does the farmer want this particular bunch of lambs to lamb next spring. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭joe35

I know there is an injection for cows to abort so I'm sure something similar for sheep. Talk to your vet and find out the options. Then say it to your neighbour, you never know, he might just lamb them and see how it goes. He might want you to watch them at lambing 😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭monseiur

Thanks Joe. Neighbour is aware, it was he who spotted the offending ram lamb the day after returning home. Vet is due back next Wednesday, I'll have a chat with him and take it from there. Don't think he's want me to watch them at lambing...in case I end up watching the wethers 😒

Advertisement