Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midnight Mass Cathedral

Options
  • 25-12-2023 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭

Midnight Mass in the Cathedral was full from what I could see. I noticed an impressive amount of Asian Christians there. The choir sang beautifully and came across as good as any. The lighting before the mass started was very atmospheric. It was marshalled very efficiently. Nobody was left without a seat. I only saw two who had a bit too much to drink being ushered out at the very end. The mass itself I found uninspiring and as tedious as when I used to attend regularly.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Send it to Keith Finnegan, he loves a bit of Mass talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭39steps

Huge congregation and very spiritual feeling in the cathedral last night.

The choir sounded fantastic, though the organ drowned them out a bit, church choirs have been decimated since the pandemic, guess they need more members.

Bishop was ok, the PP there did a funeral that I attended a few months back and he really conveyed the loss of the person and the legacy they left their family and community, very impactful.

Parking was brutal, car blocked in for 25 mins afterwards, they could do with some carpark attendants, but guessing like the choir, it's hard to get people to volunteer.

Happy Christmas to all.

Advertisement