Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REPORTING FORMS - Birds Derogation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭J.R.

I wonder what happens if you don't have a printer?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭BSA International

And if we don't submit them they will refuse further derogation as there is no need for them.

Yes - this is definitely going to be used as a stick to beat us with.

If NPWS were genuinely interested in acquiring the statistics for research they would have made an on-line form available that could be compiled and completed on line by any hunter using a phone, PC, iPad etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

It would be worth emailing the licensing unit to ask them to develop a simple web form, and get NARGC to push them on it too. All wildlife licenses are now becoming more interested in the "numbers", which is apparently the result of an EU directive, so it's not just hunting. I get the feeling the wildlife licensing unit is still figuring out the best approach, so a prompt to develop a web form to make life easier for respondents might be something they're happy to do. It'd be easy to do and likely make their life easier too!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Mississippi.

"Were the actions taken under the Declaration successful in addressing the issue?"

How could that be quantified,

The ones shot and trapped won't destroy grain and feed again but the ones I didn't get will.

• Advertisement

Maybe they should have consulted those it affects FIRST?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Absolutely they should. Ive just seen some changes in the licenses I apply for this year, which have been somewhat impractical, that were seemingly made by the licensing team with little consultation within NPWS nevermind outside of it. If people contact them with suggestions like developing an online form, or suggested changes to questions to make them more relevant and easy to answer, that there's a chance you might get them!

I had a look at this form.

I wonder if one could complete just one form, at the end of December, with the year's total for each species in that area.

The end of the form asks for signature and the date form was signed.........but there is no indication that a separate form has to be completed and sent in for each day one was out.

I'm guessing one form completed near the year's end could cover the whole year's activity in that area.

https://www.npws.ie/sites/default/files/files/general-declaration-return-form.docx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Shameful stuff - asking us to support the destruction of more trees, to print off these forms.

Might be worth calling this out, from a sustainability point of view, alongside suggestions for the development of a site online submission form.

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement

If the license covers you for the season/year, then the returns form would also cover the whole season/year alright! That's the way it works for other licenses and returns. They want totals per license, not any sort of breakdown by date or location.

Advertisement