Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black + Decker Detail Sander advice

Options
  • 24-12-2023 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi folks,

My friend is looking to get a hand sander for Christmas and is torn between two Black + Decker models:

The 12v lithium ion battery Reviva Detail Sander

And

The Mouse Detail Sander

They will mostly be working with small to mid-size furniture pieces with these and some smaller projects.

Any advice on which you think is better or why you would prefer one over the other?

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭jack of all

I bought a B & D mouse detail sander a few years ago for a particularly intricate sanding job (refininishing hardwood garden furniture) and found it very useful for the task, but bear in mind it is a hobbyist tool so it shouldn't be run continuosly for long periods. I didn't find the cord a hindrance and I'd be reluctant to invest in a cordless tool that wouldn't be used too often. Hard to beat the mouse for money and I found the abrasive papers inexpensive at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 pihjin

Thanks! I ended up going to the mouse as the grip on it was more suitable as well as the fact you didn't have to worry about the battery life.

Advertisement