Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing Day Racing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

What is boxing day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭del roy

when all the boxing is shown on Tv

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

We have only two bets tomorrow 

LEOPARDSTOWN 1.45 LEOPARDSTOWN 1.45 TOP SPEED 14/1 2pts e/w skybet/powers/365 6 places

I am not too keen on backing horses that come from behind at this Christmas meeting and it looks like TOP SPEED was given a "get him fit run" last time out.

Below in bold are rider Rachal Blackmores comments

Top Speed made all the running to win his maiden hurdle at Down Royal in May. He had a good break after he was beaten in a beginners' chase at Clonmel in June, and he ran well for a long way in a novices' handicap hurdle at Punchestown's John Durkan Chase meeting last month, he led until he was headed on the run to the home turn.

He is a horse who still has potential, he has only run five times over hurdles and, if he can put his best foot forward, he could go well. The track should suit him and he should like the ground. It's a competitive race, but hopefully he can run well.

TOP SPEED was 6th in a maiden on this day last year at this meeting and the winner and second of the race are rated 145, 142, the 4th is rated 126, the 5th horse won his next race at Fairyhouse by 21L, the 3rd in the race is actually in tomorrows race but is 9LB worst off with TOP SPEED.

Over the last ten years De Bromhead has won this twice however when I took a closer look he only had runners in 7 of the last ten running's resulting in two wins, 2nd 3rd, 4th best of the rest so it looks like a race he does target.

14/1 and 6 places is fair enough.

Wolverhamton 5.35 PERCY WILLIS 2pts e/w 9/1 4 places skybet/hills/bet365

To be quite blunt about it I think they are acting the bollxx with this horse the last three runs. He has a crazy dosage of 0.33. Sired by Derby winner SIR PERCY whose offspring have a record of 84 runners ....16 winners...39 places over distances between 1m4f to 1m6f at Wolverhampton

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Xander10

Is we including "the kid"

I seem to recall a decent profit on first stint years ago. But not maintained next time around.

How has the stats been in recent times?

This place became a bit of a ghost town in recent years, all the boys have moved on.

• Advertisement

OK. Did he end up in the poor house.

Not backed anything in years.

Looked at cards for big meetings and totally uninspiring.

Might do them two you mentioned for an interest

No poor house...yet but with bookmakers restrictions and max bets the night before reduced to euros, he moved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Leslie Purkiss

Going by prices, it seems that Allaho is guaranteed to “bounce”.

what wins so? I’m at a loss.

They have no interest in playing fair, pretty despicable bunch on the whole.

A couple of nice places at good odds. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Panrich

Well if I said that I backed among others today, Farren Glory, Shishkin and Path Doroux, it might give an indication of my luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Leslie Purkiss

Head up Panrich. You’re knocking on the door.

Advertisement