Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4k UHD on PS5 physical

Options
  • 24-12-2023 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭

Since I got an LG C2 earlier in the year, the temptation to start buying physical discs again took over. The market today has a lovely selection of DVD, BR and 4K UHD (which I thought was the proper of BR, but apparently not). So after a bit of research I picked up Interstellar and Tenet yesterday. Many people claim these are 2 great visual movies for 4K UHD.

Having watched Interstellar last night, I didn't think it looked that great. It was blurry at times, maybe it was forced attention to one area, but when Michael Caine is talking in his bed at the end, only his right eye was in focus. And yeah, the CGI was impressive, but that's CGI. I also noticed some moments of lip sync being off (PS5 to TV, Arctis 7p+ frkm PS5).

Will be giving Tenet a go tonight (never saw it). But in thinking maybe I've something set up wrong along the way. Anyone else use their PS5 for 4K UHD discs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

Lord of the Rings Extended Trilogy looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭Breezy_

that tenet is some dose. I turned it off.

I've C2 etc. Can't say I ever really notice much.

The dust flying around the room at the beginning of Equalizer 3 was the last time.

Once you get to a certain point you don't notice wow. You'll just notice blur and deficits more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Dont watch Tenet. I've a c2 as well and I don't find picture quality that much better than the 12 year old Samsung 1080 tv I have in the other room, which the c2 replaced in the main room. Both 55 inch.

The odd time you think something is impressive but that's it.

The home cinema sound system makes a much bigger difference to the experience than a sharper picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The quality is there on the tv, as can be seen when you throw on those very specific 4K soccer matches on YouTube (which also compresses, so could be even better). I only picked up those 2 films because I do like Interstellar, and never seen Tenet but they're both touted as great 4K UHD movies. Pretty, sure, but I've seen far better. The Planet Earth stuff on Netflix is amazing.

Was too sick last night to watch Tenet, even though everyone is telling me not to bother, I'm still gonna give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Planet earth stuff is great alright, it's about the best showcase for a good tv. Like the colours of birds etc

Unfortunately the best and biggest tv in the world will not make Tenet a good movie! Interstellar is good 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭jj880

I'll be keeping an eye out for a 4k disc of this:

Filming just started.

Found 4k version of Tron: Legacy online. Looks amazing on OLED.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭cannco253

check out Golden Discs 2 for 25 4k deals, some decent stuff there. Dune and The Batman 4k discs are highly recommended !

PS5 is ok for 4k discs but can be a bit noisy sometimes.

Ever watch Annihilation 2018?

Just watched it on LG CS6 native Netflix app.

Film is good. 2nd half is a visual treat on OLED especially the last 15 minutes. Great colour and deep blacks. Gave me TLOU vibes also.

On Netflix 4k sub viewing mode switches to Dolby Vision.

Edit: watch a few minutes of the credits

Post edited by jj880 on

Oh I'll give that a go so. Still haven't watched Tencent...

Picked up the Pulse Elite today and they should hopefully connect to the C2 via Bluetooth. You know the way you can click L3 or R3 while using the PS5 Netflix app to show the bitrate? Do native TV apps have something like that?

Netflix does anyway. Im guessing the C2 has the magic remote also so probably same steps as me.

• Advertisement

Legend!

Advertisement