Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fan header question

Options
  • 24-12-2023 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭

I just finished putting together a new build. The case I bought came with three fans in the front panel, no other fans. The three fans connect independently to three headers on the motherboard. I am looking to add on one or two exhaust fans soon (nothing is currently overheating but I still need get exhaust fans). The problem is that the three front fans are connected to the only three fan headers on the board. I don't have anywhere to connect new fans to.

Any thoughts? is there any way to daisy-chain the front fans so they are only taking up one header on the board?

Thanks

Edit:/ Ignore, I should have searched google, fan splitters are a thing!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Aside from the splitters you've discovered, butt here's also various add-on control boxes, e.g. Corsair Commander series, or fans that do connect to each other in a daisy chain such as those from Lian Li and others.

Splitters remains the simplest and cheapest approach though.

Advertisement