Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox Game Pass - 2 XBox, 2 Kids

Options
  • 23-12-2023 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi

We have / had an existing XBox One which is now broken. 2 of the kids used it under the same active XBox Game Pass Core subscription. In 2 days there will be 2 new XBox's in the house. I can't get my head around the subscription.

Do I have to purchase a separate Game Pass core subscription for each or is it possible to have one family subscription with 2 accounts so they can login separately etc.

Really appreciate any guidance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

As far as I can tell, you do need separate subs. The sub is tied to the profile, not the console. So 2 or more people could use 1 Xbox and 1 Sub, but to have 2 Xboxal you need 2 subs as far as I can tell. The family thing looks to have been trialled and is over now. But someone more au fait may be able to help you better.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,460 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Have this setup. Of the two xbox, figure out which is the one you (and your account) will use and figure out which one the kids will want to use their own accounts.

Then, designate the "kids" xbox as the "home xbox", this xbox has access to all the game pass games from the game pass account but can be played under any other xbox gamer tag.

If they want to play each other co-op over the 2 xboxes (for game pass games) the non home xbox will use the xbox game pass account to play.

Hopefully that kind of makes sense.

How home Xbox and game sharing work | Xbox Support

Advertisement