Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR - Issues reaching certain services / sites

Options
  • 23-12-2023 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi folks,

Past few days I am noticing that my home broadband is having issues accessing certain things.

For example, next.ie, duckduckgo.com will not load for any device connected to the home broadband but work fine on phone data.

I can ping the domains, nslookup fine.

I've swapped the DNS from the one that is automatically assigned by the eir router to 8.8.8.8 but doesn't make a difference.

My Xbox also cannot get onto xbox live, and the Sky Go App on the Playstation does not connect!

Most all other websites work fine so I am really unsure.

Anyone else having issues?

I am onhold to Eir support now, 77th in the queue... so not sure I'll actually get to speak to anyone on that end.

** further testing, I can get to next.co.uk, and google.com, but not next.ie or google.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

Having the exact same issue since yesterday.

Reset the router, swapped out with a spare router, seemed to work for a minute but back to certain sites not loading again.

Eir have announcement saying currently experiencing issues so perhaps that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

100% is that issue. I had it since Thursday

I had some notes here

and following on from that, it's certain routes are broken. about 50% of ones to AWS. Azure and Google cloud also affected so it's a big balls up by someone in Eir or upstream from them. I'm lucky as I was moving from Virgin media cable to Pure FTTH and both lines are still active so I was able to swap back. I do feel bad for everyone trying to get games consoles ready for tomorrow

it's resolved now according to eir, and mines working normally again

Advertisement