Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new washing machine

Options
  • 23-12-2023 11:30am
    Administrators Posts: 353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

This discussion was created from comments split from: Washing machines.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭raclle

Need a new washing machine. Last one lasted 12 years. I see they've gone digital now with 3, 6, 9 and 12hr cycle times. I don't need something like that as its only myself and do one wash per week. What would be the best choice?

• Administrators Posts: 13,769 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Those cycles are for delayed starts. So you can set the washing machine to start washing at a time when electricity would be cheaper. If you have a night meter for example.

Your best bet is to go into a shop and talk to the sales person about your needs. They're usually pretty good to advise. If you feel you've met a slickster salesman trying to sell you something you don't need just move on to the next shop.

I generally find people pretty good for telling you what's the best value for what you need. Often not pointing me towards the most expensive etc

Advertisement