Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find pharma production / process operator jobs in Cork? Pfizer, Boston etc etc.

Options
  • 21-12-2023 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

There's literally nothing on indeed. I thought there would be plenty of entry level operator jobs. You know, putting pharmaceutical products together in the clean room.

Unless they're all done through an agency or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bfclancy2

they'll have their own sites, enter Johnson and Johnson jobs into google it'll direct you to company site

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭ofcork

As said on their own websites you need courses done now for these jobs, very high paying though if you are lucky enough to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Infoseeker1975

Thinking of a career change as current job involves lots of travel; would be doing it for the 12hr shift type routine, no issues doing the courses to get started on the bottom level. Just wondering what the pay would be ballpark wise, as I am aiming for a stress free change that is lifestyle over career, I have no issues with a substantial pay reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭ofcork

Ive heard in the region of 35 euro an hour on shift in Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭notAMember

Don't want to be debbie downer, but pharma is really not what I'd call stress-free. That's why the pay is generally higher than standard manufacturing. You'd be making medicine, it's the strictest quality standards and most heavily regulated industry on earth. Lots of training, keeping metrics on yourself, needing to be compliant to the rules at all times, including constant inspections, strict hygiene and clothing regs. I think I remember operators needing to tape their eyebrows down every day for packaging tablets going to the Japanese market from a factory in Cork. And that's an example of packaging lines, which have the lowest cleanzone regs. Several operators that i've known have needed mental health breaks from the responsibility of needing to be 100% accurate, 100% of the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement