Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the squeeze worth the juice?

Options
  • 20-12-2023 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

I refer to becoming a solicitor..

I have a state job at the moment earning 70k ish. I don't hate my job but I don't love it either.

I know the fe1s are a slog, I don't know a lot after that but I assume it's not easy.

I do have a law degree but I'd safely say I won't be getting a training contract from one of the prestigious companies.

Are many solicitors happy? I know everyone gives out about their job but in the end is it worth it?

Post edited by thestar on

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭thestar

Can't even get a response on boards, this is worse than Bumble

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A response in a minute?

All the solicitors are busy with their cocaine and mistresses

it’s Thursday night after all

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭thestar

24 hrs and a minute I'll have you know.

I can't wait for Thursday nights

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭phildub

It is worth it imo but it will be at least 4 to 5 years before you're making anywhere near 70+K depending on how long it takes you to do fe1s. You could start doing them while you're still at work but.you need a training contract to get into the law society. You will have to be prepared to drop your salary by at least half depending on where you will be training

Advertisement