Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robber kids

Options
  • 20-12-2023 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hello all,

Today I had the strangest experience of my life. While I was waiting for the Brides Glen tram with my electric scooter at the Sandyford luas stop, two children who might have been 9 or 10 years old approached me. They said they wanted to use my scooter. I politely said no, but they persistently asked "Why?" "I want!" They started to make sentences containing imperative mood such as. They offered me their phones. They said "you can take our phones, give us the scooter." Moreover, all this happened at noon, in front of people. Then one of the children tried to force himself onto the scooter and started it, and when I repeated several times for him to stop, they cursed at me and walked away.

It was the scariest experience I've ever had in my 29 years of life. First of all, I think the phones they offered me were stolen. On the other hand, the fact that these two children, who appeared to be around 9-10 years old, did not hesitate to commit robbery at this age, in broad daylight and in front of other people, frightened me terribly. I don't know what's going on with this wonderful city that I moved to in 2019, but the only thing I feel is that Dublin scares me in every aspect this year. I'm so worried I'm considering quitting scootering in case it happens to me again. I don't want to live in fear like this and I wanted to ask you how I can deal with it. How will I know if something like this happens to me again, this time I won't be stabbed or attacked? What precautions should I take for this or should I report this incident?

Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas from now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I'd say walk away from them if you see them or others like them approaching. It seems horrible and weird behaviour especially from kids but some are just left run feral these days and not much anyone can do about it I guess.

I'm sorry you were upset even frightened and confused. It sounds a horrible experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I don't think you're Irish, are you bro?

Have zero tolerance for such crap, just shout at them so loud that they lift clean off the ground and they'll scram.

Oh and, I would attempt to report it as an 'incident', you'll just get laughed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

You got briefly hassled by a couple of "story buds" in the making. Methinks you need a thicker skin. They're kids, dude. Brazen ones who can spot an easy target, but kids all the same. Work on your "Fcuk off and leave me alone" face. They can smell fear a mile off.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

A family member's very old Samsung phone dissappeared in Dunnes Cornelscourt over the weekend. She was conscious of a little 5-6 year old pushing around her feet around the time it disappeared.

It reappeared in Centra Cabinteely next morning, which suggests that someone realised it was worth SFA to them and dumped it.

Advertisement