Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selecting a Toilet Seat

Options
  • 20-12-2023 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

I need to replace two toilet seats.

Other than the width between the fixing holes, how else should I measure for correct fit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

With great difficulty, if my recent experience is anything to go by!

I had a seat which I'd purchased with the toilet (neither at the cheap end of the scale!) - it never sat right - despite bringing it back and they offering me slightly different fixings for it, it still slid all over the shop.

So I decided to ditch it and buy a new one, and I think about four return trips later (to a very patient salesman in a local plumbing/bathroom place) I finally found one that would actually stay in place. I had the measurements, and pictures, and to this day I have no idea why one fitted properly and none of the others did.

Find a friendly salesman who'll let you try in situ.

Advertisement