Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiding goldfish (Santa present) in shed

Options
  • 20-12-2023 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Our daughter has asked Santa for a goldfish. The problem we have is our house is small, the fish tank we got is kind of noisy and we have nowhere to hide it apart from the outside boiler house. It's been plugged in there now for a week bubbling away. The plan is to collect the fish (we'll get at least two) and be ready to pop them in the tank this Friday evening around 7pm.

My worry is, will the fish survive out in a shed until around 11pm on Christmas Eve night? Then, when we bring the tank in to a warm house will the shock kill them? I haven't the first idea about goldfish and apart from our daughter being upset I don't want the fish to be harmed, or upset or to suffer.

Also, our daughter will be in the car with us bringing the fish home so will it be possible to have them hidden in the boot for the approximately 1 hour journey home without one of us having to hold them in a bag or something? Apologies for the long and clueless post. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

They should be fine.

the water in the tank will take hours to change from boiler house temperature to room temperature.

Remember as well that you need to dunk the bag and the water the fish come in into the fish tank, wait a few hours, then cut the bag open and let the fish into the tank water.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭pawdee

Thanks for that advice Padre_Pio. I feel a bit less stressed about the whole thing now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

How did it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭pawdee

It went very well thanks! We got two fish, and they seem to be very happy.

Advertisement