Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Christmas trees - stand advice

Options
  • 19-12-2023 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭

This year, my tree doesn’t seem to want to stay upright when I put it into the stand. I’ve used the stand for 4 years and every tree has been fine. I wonder if it’s possible could the tree simply be too big and heavy for the stand? Or should stands work for all trees? It seems to be made out of iron you can see it poking out the left in this photo

Should I buy a new stand? Or a bucket and some coal?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Sometimes if the tree is a little heavier on top or has a large spread predominantly on.one side a small stand could struggle to maintain balance, especially if not inserted properly to balance it from the offset. Try resetting it first with someone there to help stand it with you so it's going into the stand straight.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

I've used one of these for many years, trees are just under 8ft (ceiling height)

easiest thing ever and never had a problem one person job to get in and straight (you foot operate the lever for the clamp)

https://www.lidl.ie/p/christmas-tree-stand/p10014901

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I've the same one a few years now and it's really good. I do struggle to release the clamps though at the end of each season, but I get there eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,316 ✭✭✭✭elperello

It's probably got more branches on one side.

You could put a piece of wood under the leg on the side it's leaning too.

Try a thin piece first and if necessary use a second piece.

Placing the tree in the corner of the room will give it an extra bit of support too but be careful not to mark paintwork.

Next year take the stand with you when you go to buy a tree and get the seller to put the tree in it so you can be sure it's right before buying.

Advertisement