Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundation completed

Options
  • 19-12-2023 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys,

I got a foundation put in at the end of my garden (it's a very long garden!) and is 23ft X 16ft wide.

There is nothing built on this (yet). I had a friend (who is a builder) do this for me, cash in hand about 4 years ago.

As it stands, it's just a foundation (that looks like a landing pad)

I'm considering selling and am wondering would I have had to get planning permission for this? It's not exactly a "build" as such, as it's just poured concrete. But at the same time I want to cross all my T's incase I'm missing anything. I was going to contact a land surveyor to ask but they're pricey, so wondering if anyone would know the answer to this before I go further afield?

Thank you so much!

Gina

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,047 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's over 25m2, so if you were to build something that covered it fully, then it would need planning. Alternatively if you built a 25m2 shed, and an external space for say bins it could be exempt.

Whether or not the foundation slab constitutes development. That's a grey area imo. A concreted paved section of garden is exempt, but what you have is not concrete paving,but it looks like one.

It you want to cross your Ts get a section 5 declaration from council that it is exempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 parmodub

Thank you so much for all of that info! I really appreciate it! I will do just that. Thank you again :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭thomas 123

It’s a patio if anyone asks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 parmodub

Thank you Thomas! :-) 👌🏼

Advertisement