Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewing An Expired TV Licence. Expired 18 months ago. Are There Arrears?

Options
  • 19-12-2023 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hello

Anyone know what is the situation with trying to renew TV licence that has expired over a year ago? The PIN number that goes with the reminder letter is no longer valid, so cannot renew online.

I have been out of the country and this got forgotten about. TV Licence expired June 2022. Is there such things as "arrears" with regard to TV Licence? Can't find anything about it on the TV licencing website.

Seems a licence can be renewed one month before expiry or within 12 months after expiry of the previous license. (As per website below).

"A Television Licence is deemed to be granted by way of renewal of a previous licence where the licence a) is granted to the person for which the previous licence was granted, b) relates to the same specified place to which the previous licence related and is granted within one month before or within 12 months after the expiration of the previous licence".

So it's gone 6 months past the renewal period l window Would I have to somehow reapply for licence again? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Karppi

I wouldn't renew it. I'd buy a new one, as if you'd just moved in.

Advertisement