Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online earnings with disability

Options
  • 19-12-2023 3:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm on disability allowance. About 2 years ago, I took up making music as a hobby to keep my mind occupied. I've made a little bit of money from my music, not a huge about - about 500 euro over the two years. The money is sitting in my tipalti account (through Distrokid) and I haven't withdrawn as it requires entering tax details and honestly I'm not sure what to do about it. I know we can earn up to about 150 euro a week without it affecting disability payment, but the job needs to be approved I believe.

Since this is about the equivalent of less than 10 euro per week, so I need to report it? Can I cash it out or do I need to get it approved?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,689 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It's not tax that's your issue, it's the impact on disability. So I think you need to ask this in State Benefits

Advertisement