Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim Only - Why 3 over GOMO?

Options
  • 18-12-2023 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

I'm out of contract and I see Three offer 35 per month sim only. GOMO offer what seems to the same for 15 a month.

I'm wondering if there any reason i'd stick with 3? An extra 20 a month is a big difference so am I missing something by just switching to GOMO?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Surely most ppl would pick the 20 per 28days payg plan if sticking with 3?

Why would you pay them 35? like what extra would you get...

Like most comparrissons, performance (and coverage) comes into it and you might find one network serves you better than the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

I'd expect the performance to be similar but maybe i'm wrong on that.

Assume GOMO coverage is similar to EIR which i'd say is similar to Three.

Might chance GOMO for a month and drop them if I have issues

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

gomo uses same APN etc as eir so it is the exact same. (whereas 48 uses a different apn to three even though same network).

You can get a gomo sim and not port your number so you can see how it goes before you move your number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

When you move to GOMO, do you need to cancel with your existing provider or do they look after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

If you're porting your number it'll cancel the existing account with Three.

• Advertisement
Advertisement