Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRV on Rads

Options
  • 17-12-2023 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭

howdy Folks, i’d appreciate if anyone could offer me some advice on getting the right TRV.

i bought these on amazon but the don’t fit.

this is is my old TRV

Any advice as to which one i should get? can an adapter be bought to use the amazon ones?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

Goacomini Globe trv,.Davies in Raheny stock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭tom23

can i ask is that the only brand that use that clip clap connection? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

Yes they are the only type that will fit that valve

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Might be opportunity to switch them or some out for a more standard fitting. Allows for smart trvs too if you want in future. I'd probably swap entire fitting as I go.

cheers folks I take it that would mean swapping out the entire angle valve? i need a plumber to drain the system etc?

• Advertisement

No it can be done without full system drain. Youtube.

Cheers - can’t understand why that particular thermostat was used on the rads. House was built in 2005. i’ll buy a couple of them to tie me over and look at a long term plan. Was hoping there would be an clip clap adapter to sit over the valve body… and i couldn’t put other brands…

but anyway thanks for your help…

I wished he had used a different TRV!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Change a valve without a drain? He'll flood the house if he tries to snatch it.

• Advertisement

I won’t be changing valves just yet… Inthink i’ll waiting and swap out the whole rad next year with good added TRV…

ill just buy two new TRV of the raheny crowd will tie me over

It can be done though. Yes I suppose if he's never done it, probably not a good choice. But everyone has their day 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭denismc

I have changed valves in the past, it's easy enough to drain the system at the boiler or some other low point if it's an open system.

Draining the system is a pain in the hoop though.

https://www.screwfix.ie/p/arctic-products-pipe-freezing-kit-150ml/433FJ?tc=BI5&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiA-P-rBhBEEiwAQEXhH35jZaa5kYN9OasyrCZgAWH0tMuILe_TuJ7Rdbp3oeCxHT8bblRjshoC5e4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

lads i won’t draining the system. Unless i’ve drank ten pints. i’ll be leaving that to the pros to do. Thanks for all the advice. I’d search for fecking days trying tom find that poxy trv.

lads quick question

woukd they work on my valve and i could use the amazon trvs on them?

They look like the will work for M30 fittings.

cheers - i’ve emailed davies to see do they stock them

Advertisement