Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Closed] Moderation

Options
  • 17-12-2023 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

I've been warned by a moderator, Jim2007, I was having a discussion with.

I feel like this person is overstepping their moderation limits.

What does boards do in these circumstances?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭DUBLINIRL

I've received a second warning and been "jailed" as I responded to his original warning with the following message;

"Grand, it seems that this thread has hit a wall. I'll find somewhere else to discuss financial topics as I see complaints about your moderation style going back years so won't waste any more of your time or mine."

Jim2007 decided that was "abuse of a mod".

I'm hoping that there is someone that might decide to recommend that he softens his moderation style as this approach will only result in a reduction in activity and traffic in the financial advice section.

• Administrators Posts: 13,772 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I have moved your thread. This is the forum to dispute any warning you have received. Please read this which outlines how to raise a dispute. Confirm you have followed the procedure and then the dispute will be looked at by a category moderator.

Thanks.

Hi,

The thread is here: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058326690/financial-retirement-planning

Jim2007 deleted my last post which I have included above.

I got a PM from him quoting the post above with the comment "abuse of a mod".

I am not sure what what more I can do when he is being unreasonable as his comment on both posts that he has issued a warning for is clear on his logic (or his excuse to try to show who has the power on the forum).

I see that there are a few complaints about him going back quite a while and I've been contact by another member to let me know that he has been a problematic moderator for a long time in this forum.

I understand that he contributes a needed service to this forum but the way he does it is far too heavy handed and he appears to not have a clear understanding of his role as moderator. He appears to try to run off anyone that questions his financial insight by trying to find ways to warn them which results in escalating penalties and to eventually drive them out of his little corner of the kingdom.

Maybe he is just bored in retirement and this forum fills a hole that used to be filled by having junior staff to boss around or people look at him as an authority on financial issues?

I would request a category moderator to review this. They may also want to review the other warnings Jim2007 has issued to determine if he is doing more harm than good to Boards.

PM screenshot

You have not yet engaged with the moderator to try resolve the dispute. The PM is the warning template that is sent.

I suggest, as per the DRP process you try resolve it with the moderator first. I also suggest you do so without taking digs at the moderator.

Please return to this thread when you have followed the correct DRP procedure.

• Advertisement

Grand, I've sent a PM to let him know that I don't view the above post to be abusive of a moderator. I've asked why the earlier post in the thread got a warning as a reason was not given. I've requested the warnings to be removed.

We have been unable to reach a compromise and I view the approach taken by Jim2007 to be unreasonable and request a category moderator to review. Thanks.

@DUBLINIRL I have deleted your most recent post. It has nothing to do with the warning you received or the dispute resolution process. A moderator outside of their own forum is a poster same as everyone else.

Please be patient and this dispute will be looked at when a suitable moderator is available.

Fair enough:)

The OP has been sitebanned on points warnings so I will close this dispute.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement