Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40ft Christmas swim

Options
  • 17-12-2023 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi.

Anyone know, can I just turn up on Xmas morning and do a swim at the 40ft? Any advice appreciated. Have never done it before. Kids coming with me.

A

Answers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Yep anyone can go on the day, will be jammers though and car parking will be worse than on a hot summer's day.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rebelprince

Thanks Sheepshagger. Much appreciated Where would the alternatives be?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I used to do the 40ft on Christmas day but find it's just too jammed now, same with Seapoint and Sandycove. It's good craic don't get me wrong and the atmosphere is good but it's just too busy for me.

Last year I did the new Dun Laoghaire baths and you could see the crowds at Sandycove from there lol. The cafe there is open on the 25th too.

Vico is another good shout, the naturists out there will be at Whiterock i'd imagine, not one for the kids though lol.

Depending on where you are based, Portmarnock will be busy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rebelprince

Thank you. Really appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭tikka16751

I’m looking forward to the winter swim

• Advertisement
Advertisement