Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bombarded by scam phone calls with a UK international prefix

Options
  • 16-12-2023 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

In the last few weeks my mobile phone has been bombarded by what are obviously scam phone calls with a UK international prefix i.e. 00 - 44. I've never answered one of these calls and have no intention of doing so. Apart from the UK prefix every single one has a different number so I can't even block the f*cking things. Any advice or info on this sh*te would be appreciated. Mods - I've no idea what the most appropriate forum for this is so have picked After Hours in desperation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Answer it, waste their time a bit (they always want access to your PC) and they'll likely strike you off the database. Or put you back down to the bottom of the list

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Everlong1

I very much doubt there'll be an actual person answering as opposed to an automated message. Although I would absolutely love to get someone at the other end so that I could scream F*CK OFF AND DIE SCREAMING FROM A*SE CANCER YOU ABSOLUTE FU*KING C*NT.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Nah much better if you just waste their time. They operate like call centres. Have CRMs, sales targets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,185 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I've been getting them too, last week they were so busy they had recorded music while waiting to speak to the scammer.

What needs to be done is 6 months in jail for anyone here allowing their bank account to be used to place victims funds in. It's going on too long for anyone to be unaware of it.

Bumping this to see if anyone else wants to input. It disappeared fairly quickly when I posted it originally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Every day for the last 8 days.

I block each number but it keeps changing.

If you ring the number back, there's an engaged dial tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I had that for a while, about half and half between Irish and UK mobile numbers.

I never answered any, and they eventually stopped of their own accord. Went on for about six weeks.

I've actually noticed that I've now gone into my fifth day of not getting any. Hopefully they've copped on that they won't be robbing me any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,185 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I've got none all week, had been getting them the last 6 weeks or so.

Maybe the c*nts have robbed enough people they're gone off to the Bahamas for Xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Got a few calls over past week aswell from unknown UK numbers hanging up after a few seconds, I straight away block the numbers, if they are legitimate from someone who I know they can message me on whataspp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

Im getting ones from what looks like a dublin number phone identifies it as spam so dont answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SilentBee

I got one last week where they pretended to be from Vodafone which was my old providor when I used to live in Newcastle. They were pretending to know my details but it was obvious they were full of it. I searched for the number afterwards and it is reported as a scam call. I really need to an app or something to block them permanently.

Advertisement