Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam snaglist

Options
  • 16-12-2023 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

My friend recently bought an apartment. They contacted a Snaglist company to prepare a snaglist and requested a date.

However they did not follow up any further with this company. Couple weeks later and the owner of the company arrives at the apartment demanding €575 from my friend for preparing a snaglist. He says ge did the work and will send on the prepared list when he hands over the cash. Otherwise he will be brought to court. My friend is a foreign national who does not want legal troubles. But this is downright crazy. Any ideas on any bodies who would regulate this kind of behaviour? Thanks

Post edited by Spear on

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dkRulez

Tell the snaglist folks to take this matter to court and your friends solicitor would represent him since this deals with the recently brought apartment. This should be enough for them to turn away, someone who can't follow up with their customer leads is talking about going to court. The hassle for them to go to court is not worth 575 Euros. They are just trying to nick the money from your friend.

Advertisement