Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you getting for Christmas? Woodwork related. .

Options
  • 15-12-2023 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭

It's that time of the year, I don't need much excuse to buy new tools, but curious as to what other woodworkers might be treating themselves to this Christmas. As for me- I'm getting myself a Shinto saw rasp (them seem to be universally well regarded), a new Morakniv (to add to the one I already have) and a couple of decent Bosch forstner bits. Anyone getting anything interesting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭jack of all

Looks like Santa's not going to be paying a visit to this thread.....🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

I was remodeling an old exterior table and its chairs last Christmas. Yes, I sanded it last year, and the finishes work was still pending. According to my mum, I am not good enough at wood crafting, so I should leave this hobby. However, I am damn willing to complete this DIY project of mine these holidays. Now, I already have tack cloth to clean the wood, or probably, I will perform sanding again because one year has passed.

The main thing that I want from Santa could be any of these https://priorypolishes.co.uk/product-category/purpose/wax-finishes/ wax finishes. Probably, I would be my own santa and will buy these products for myself. I don't think my mum will agree with me. Though wax finishes seem great products to provide protection against stains but I noticed many people also prefer Polyurethanes over wax finishes when it comes to durability.

Some items that Santa can add to his list to meet my wishes are:

Wood burning pen

Carbon steel marking knife

Handforged Chisel Set

Advertisement